How to Apply
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
A cover letter, attached as the first page of your resume, describing how your experience meets the job requirements of this posting, is required for consideration of this position.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
This is a term-limited position due to salary funded on a grant.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN), Department of Health Behavior and Biological Sciences seeks a Research Associate who will assist the Principal Investigator (PI) in the implementation of a study intervention working directly with study participants. The employee will promote the School of Nursing’s Declaration of Values to Empower each other to interrupt or disrupt disrespect; Practice communication that is beneficial, kind and true; Inspire and be inspired by our members’ worth, significance and integrity; Cultivate respect for ourselves and others routinely, publicly and privately.
- Implement exercise interventions for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), deliver exercise and health education to small groups of research subjects with COPD, participate in coaching phone calls, measure performance outcomes and administer questionnaires.
- Participate in the recruitment, screening, scheduling and follow-up of research subjects.
- Manage, track and record data from physical activity monitors, physical performance tests and survey questionnaires.
- Assist with regulatory procedures such as protocol review and institutional review board submissions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
Supervision is received from the PI.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in a kinesiology is required.
- Over one (1) year of relevant work experience in research and with study participants.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills, with the ability to receive and convey information clearly and concisely for various mediums.
- Excellent computer skills, including expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Endnote.
- SPSS knowledge/experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner.
- Demonstrated time management and relationship building skills.
- Ability to serve diverse populations.
- A high degree of initiative and resourcefulness.
Shift/Hours/Days: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; may include some occasional weekend or evening hours.
Salary Range: Due to the necessary requirements, the salary range for this position is $32,000-$40,000. Salary is commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.