Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
How to Apply
A cover letter and work samples are required to be considered for this position.
Michigan Taubman College Advancement team produces award-winning, class-leading stories, videos and photography presented on high-impact print and digital platforms. The Multimedia Content Producer plays a key role as a member of this creative team by producing original videos, motion graphics, photos and other multimedia projects to help showcase the work of Taubman College faculty, researchers, students and alumni and the positive difference they are making in the world.
The ground-breaking research being led by Michigan’s Taubman College faculty and students represents a strong component of these stories. The Multimedia Content Producer helps to identify and assess the merits of potential stories emerging from the research teams of over 100 faculty members and student work of our more than 700 students.
Video storytelling plays a major role in the marketing and communications strategy for Taubman College. Prospective and current students desire quick and comprehensive information in visual form as a way to understand what is happening at Taubman College and within the academic environment. Visual storytelling is key in marketing Taubman College as it helps evoke emotion and connect viewers to what we are about.
Applicants with a background in journalism, filmmaking, photography, communications, digital media, or other similar field are encouraged to apply. The Multimedia Content Producer will work under the supervision of the Marketing Manager in the Office of Advancement: Communications & Marketing.
Who We Are
Taubman College promotes the public good by engaging a diverse constituency in purpose-driven learning and research addressing the built environment. Consistently named among the best architecture and planning schools in the country, the college prepares graduates to lead the professions, organizations, and institutions that shape our world at every scale. Investments in digital and material making, new master’s degrees, and enhanced facilities have made the college a leading site of advanced work, particularly in robotics, fabrication, and material systems. Capacity building in community engagement, pipeline programs, and justice initiatives has made Taubman College a leader in promoting equity. Faculty fellowships and research grants have cultivated a robust experimental design culture. Through interdisciplinary work with field-leading units at one of the world’s greatest public research universities, Taubman College faculty and students are prototyping a better future.
- Create dynamic content through visually compelling multimedia for social media, web, and presentations that is used in recruitment/admissions, fundraising, and other targeted marketing purposes. Create, direct, and edit creative content, producing the final product of the production in collaboration with marketing staff that is consistent with Taubman quality and brand standards.
- Collaborate with communications and marketing staff on the script or storyboard for projects, coordinating talent, researching and gathering materials necessary for production, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Coordinate necessary equipment for audio or video recording or live-streaming sessions, and operate the equipment or train those who will be operating equipment.
- Coordinate the production of high-quality audio/video media in the field or studio, including managing film shoots to obtain new footage and stills.
- Coordinate hiring and scheduling of freelance and work-study photographers covering events at the college, provide direction for shoots that they are covering, and serve as point person for securing assets from them and uploading them to appropriate channels.
- Develop and maintain archive of video and photo assets for use on multiple media platforms, as well as presentations given by the dean, faculty, admissions staff, and others
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external clients, as well as video subjects and team members.
- Maintain a high-level of autonomy to complete assignments and utilize effective communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, production, or related field and at least two years in producing HD video communications for online, TV, or other presentation, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Non-Linear Editing software (Final Cut Pro Studio and Adobe Creative Suite), Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and capturing higher education marketing content for admissions, portfolio work, and public relations.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Extensive knowledge of both traditional and digital film equipment and technology, including appropriate uses for different types of cameras and lighting equipment, current video codecs and compression technology, file formats and digital file optimization for file size, optimization for different screens (e.g., monitor vs. television), and using video on the web.
- Excellent creative thinking skills; adaptability to styles and filming/editing to suit specific projects.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, diplomacy, and discretion are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, and consistently meet deadlines with expected quality is essential.
- Ongoing commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ongoing commitment to improving skills, acquiring new technical knowledge, and staying informed of innovative design trends.
- Professional experience in a film production environment is highly desired.
- Experience working with executive leadership of a university school or college is highly preferred.
- Experience producing videos for marketing of architecture, construction, modeling, fabrication and/or woodwork and knowledge of the built environment is highly preferred.
- May require work during early mornings, nights, and/or weekends requiring a somewhat flexible schedule.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.