Staffs the Online HelpDesk during regular business hours or afterhours depending on schedule. Responds to phone and e-mail questions and problems related to the learning management system (LMS) and technologies supported by the Office of Extended Learning. Includes problem recognition, research, and resolution steps. Typically resolves basic problems while refers more complex problems to helpdesk coordinator or senior staff.
Provides at-the-elbow LMS support and instruction for faculty, staff, and students
Provides support services such as document scanning and file creation/duplication, creation of helpguides, and miscellaneous tasks as requested.
Greets visitors to the Office of Extended Learning, answers the department phones and handles light office work.
- Applicant must be a current UM-Flint student
- High School education or equivalent and some college
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends to 11 p.m
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software?
- Experience supporting Blackboard
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to learn quickly and manage time efficiently
- Excellent customer service experience or attitude
Bachelor’s degree; Blackboard Collaborate support experience; experience using Team Viewer or other remote programs; experience using screen capture software, experience using Mac computers, and providing helpdesk support.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.