How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Please address your cover letter, resume, and the names, titles, and phone numbers of at least three references to:
Michigan Union Ticket Office
911 North University
Michigan League, B10
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
The Michigan Union Ticket Office (MUTO) is a multifaceted unit within Student Life Unions at the University of Michigan. MUTO handles ticket sales for a wide array of events hosted by Student organizations, UM Departments, local presenters, and national promoters in on-campus and community venues ranging in seating from 300-10,000 seats. As a box office, MUTO facilitates event set up within a ticketing management system, conducts ticket sales (via phone, over the counter or over the Internet), and provides on-site ticket sales and will call at events.
The Michigan Union Ticket Office seeks a talented and motivated Graduate Intern to assist with Box office operations and ticketing activity. This position interfaces with customers and clients to provide ticketing services and addresses inquiries and concerns. The individual in this role will provide training and oversight to approximately 20 student ticket agents. Evening and weekend work required.
- Coordinate ticketing activity by meeting with clients, setting up events in the ticketing system, and facilitating box office operations.
- Deliver excellent customer service to clients and patrons through face-to-face box office interactions, over phone, and via email.
- Respond to customer complaints and inquiries, determining appropriate solutions and collaborating with Ticket Agents and MUTO Management as necessary.
- Process and oversee financial transactions for tickets. Balance cash drawers and conduct deposits when needed.
- Coordinate with management to train student Ticket Agent’s, and provide additional oversight and support.
- Act as the primary MUTO representative at designated performances; overseeing the set-up, operation, and tear down of temporary Box Office locations.
- Generate ticketing reports, coordinate marketing efforts, and support assessment projects.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- Basic cash and credit card handling experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and customer service skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in team settings.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and accomplish tasks in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of cultures, backgrounds, ideologies, and populations; including personal and social identities (e.g. nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ability, class, and other social identities).
- Comfortable using and learning new technology.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including night and weekend hours
- $14.75/hour, 15-20 hours/week during the fall 2019 and winter 2020 semesters.
- Work hours include evenings and weekends, and may vary given weekly needs.
- Start date will be in August 2019.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.