The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to delivering the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Brighton area.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
This position will act as a Medical Assistant and Scribe for our Ophthalmology providers. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional patient service
- Stocking and maintaining exam and treatment rooms
- Scribing for physician
- Calibrating, cleaning and maintaining equipment
- Inputting of patient information
- Communicating delays to patients
- Performing intake, visual fields and other ancillary testing
- Preparing patients for orbital injections and instilling dilation drops when appropriate
- Consenting patients for surgery
- Completing forms with patients
- Obtaining prior authorizations for medications,
- Assisting with complex procedures
- Providing routine but complex instructions for patient procedures and treatments, as delegated by providers and/or Administrative Manager
- Other duties as directed by supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts dependent upon clinic needs.
Job requires moderate standing and walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
As part of the orientation training process, your training will be held at multiple locations during your first few months of the employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.