The Canton Health Center is dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Provide day-to-day technical and administrative supervision of personnel at assigned satellite clinic laboratories.
- Assure competency of Patient Care Technical Associates and Allied Health Technical Coordinator. Model professional behavior and serve as a resource for Medical Directors, Laboratory Directors, Clinic Managers and POC Manager.
- Assess specimens for acceptability, perform routine testing of specimens, evaluate and report results.
- Perform some laboratory testing which includes the Istat.
- Perform some phlebotomy and order entry.
- Maintain expertise in all areas under supervision to be able to adequately assess performance of staff and to provide assistance in event of short staffing situations.
- Schedule work assignments, maintain adequate and equitable staffing levels to assure delivery of phlebotomy and laboratory services.
- Receive and coordinate sick call and vacation requests.
- Provide staff with unit orientation, analytical procedure training, Pathnet training and assist in phlebotomy skills training.
- Assure competency of staff thru observation and participation in proficiency and competency programs and continuing education requirements.
- Provide Annual Performance Review for each staff member.
- Monitor staff MLearning plan and verify UMHS mandatory competencies are met.
- Monitor and participate in ongoing quality control/quality assurance activities for equipment, automated and non-automated.
- Assure UMHS laboratory accreditation. Participate in senior staff meetings.
- Assist with hiring of new staff.
- A Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff. They must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. In addition, candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.