How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Center for Translational Pathology (MCTP) is seeking an Administrative Assistant Senior to provide highly responsible, skilled and complex administrative support to the Director of MCTP. The successful candidate must be capable of thriving in a fast-paced dynamic environment and able to work independently and effectively with frequent interruptions. The ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities while paying strict attention to details and meeting deadlines is essential.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Manage Director’s complex meeting and travel calendar and make all travel arrangements (including international travel) for Director. Assure materials and back-up for all meetings and conference calls are available prior to meetings for reference.
- Manage meetings for MCTP lab groups and Lab Manager as needed.
- Arrange all MCTP meetings and events, including catering and room reservations and assuring AV equipment is set-up as needed.
- Schedule interviews for visitors and candidates to MCTP; making arrangements for travel and accommodations as needed.
- Reconcile P-card and prepare travel and hosting expense reports in Concur for Director and all MCTP faculty, trainees, students, and staff
- Maintain Director’s curriculum vitae (CV)
- Track awards, publications, patents, etc. for inclusion in annual report
- Screen telephone calls and handle mail and route as necessary
- Maintain lab phone list
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- 4 or more years of administrative support experience
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines and work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to analyze, manage and appropriately prioritize scheduling for an extremely busy calendar.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong proof reading and grammar skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, showing sound judgement based upon experience, and the capability to work as part of a team in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Excellent phone and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) skills.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Concur, Outlook and Other University of Michigan IT systems is desired.
- Knowledge of University policy, rules and regulations is required.
5303 Cancer Center
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.