Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Current Michigan Licensure as an EMT-P.
- 3 years recent (within one year) experience as a Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by progressive responsibility in ED / pre-hospital setting.
- Excellent clinical skills including but not limited to IV insertion, veni-puncture, and arrhythmia recognition.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure of emergency situations.
- Current Basic Life Support Provider verification.
- Able to make a minimum of one-year commitment to SWAT program
- Advanced cardiac Life Support Provider (ACLS).
- Clinical pediatric experience.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support Provider
- Three or more years as a ALS provider in the hospital setting
- Mobile ICU experience or CCEMTP
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.