How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provides administrative support for the UMS faculty affiliates program which supports arts/academic integration projects for UM faculty and students. Supports the work of UMS University Programs Manager and Director of Education & Community Engagement in developing ongoing curricular connections between the UMS season of performing arts and many UM schools and colleges.
- Provide general administrative support in implementing UMS's course development grants program and classroom ticket program
- Offer superb customer service to UMS's faculty partners by responding to classroom ticket requests, and ensuring prompt fulfillment and payment
- Assist faculty partners in identifying potential curricular connections between the UMS season and University course offerings
- Provide research support to identify relevant contextual materials (readings/viewings, etc.) for classes attending UMS performance
- Work closely with the Director of Education and Community Engagement and UniversityPrograms Manager to provide logistical support for the UMS Faculty Insight Group and other faculty convenings (workshops, social events, etc.)
- Process course development funds and faculty stipends
- Coordinate with the Group Sales Coordinator to process classroom ticket orders within Tessitura customer service software
- B.A. or B.F.A. in and/or knowledge of theater, dance, music, and the humanities
- Proven experience working in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated ability in communicating effectively with faculty, administrators, and students
- Tessitura and/or other customer service software experience a plus
- Excellent writing, research and editing skills
- Valid drivers' license
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.