How to Apply
Apply at careers.umich.edu.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering Department invites applications from current University of Michigan Dearborn students in good standing and not an Engineering Major for the position of Clerk in the IMSE office.
Perform general office support as necessary but not limited to:
- Answer the main phone line and facilitate all incoming calls appropriately
- Make calls to various groups, students & faculty
- Provide support to the Department Chair
- Facilitate Faculty, Staff, and Student requests
- Retrieving and distributing mail, & determine the appropriate handling
- Campus wide pick-up and deliveries
- Process mass mailings
- Printing, faxing, binding, copying, collate and scanning documents
- Schedule classroom or conference rooms for meetings
- Set-up of conferences, audio/visual, refreshments, coffee and/or lunch services
- Set up routine filing systems and/or scheduling logs
- Assist office support staff with other duties as assigned
- UM-Dearborn non-engineering student
- Work-Study preferred, verify with Financial Aid office
- Proficient in Word documents and Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of office machines; Printer, copier, fax, scanner, etc.
- Confidentiality is taken seriously
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.