How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should include salary requirements, address your specific interest in the position, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan (U-M) is seeking a qualified Digital Media Coordinator to join a creative, talented and entrepreneurial team within the Office of Academic Innovation (AI) that is shaping the digital learning landscape at U-M and beyond. The Digital Media Coordinator will manage digital media outlets in support of AI’s marketing and communication efforts. This position is a creative one, working within a team environment to develop and maintain a digital media strategy for AI’s social media channels. The Digital Media Coordinator will report to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications, and will work closely with other members of the Marketing and Communications team, as well as other individuals at AI and across the University.
You enjoy working in diverse teams and are experienced in the management of digital media for multiple audiences. You are comfortable working in a higher education context. You are excited to explore new opportunities in social media, digital media, and web. You are curious and communicative, actively embrace challenges, demonstrate passion for digital education, and enjoy working within a dynamic, fast-paced team environment. You are open to learning new techniques, and sharing knowledge with your peers.
The Office of Academic Innovation is a strategic priority for the University of Michigan. Through curricular innovation, leadership in learning analytics and personalization at scale, Academic Innovation aims to shape the future of learning and redefine public residential education at a 21st century research university by unlocking new opportunities for the U-M community and learners around the world.
Our preferred future includes:
- An open model for pre-college learning and preparation that broadens access and enhances participation
- A personalized, rigorous, and inclusive model for residential learning grounded in learning analytics and experimentation
- A flexible and networked model for global and lifelong learning that embraces the evolution of a more permeable university
- A participatory and inclusive model for public engagement that accelerates bilateral knowledge construction and sharing
As we reimagine the global public research university and create a culture of innovation in learning, we value:
- boldness and humility
- creativity and process
- risk taking and tradition
- personalization and scale
For more information, please visit our website: Academic Innovation.
- Maintain a strong branded voice through social media channels
- Develop a social media strategy with the Content and Marketing Strategy Lead
- Participate in ongoing design and management of the website and related user experience
- Work with Graphic Designer to gather media assets for print and online
- Stay up-to-date with digital media advancements and technologies
- Catalog and organize digital media assets
- Liaise and build long-term relationships with the Media Design team to coordinate video project assets
- Provide technology support to the Events and Marketing Specialist for events/people management
- Produce and edit short-form video content for social media
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media Production, Business, or another relevant field
- Minimum 2 years additional experience in communications, media/design, or another relevant field
- Excellent communication, organization and planning skills
- Experience in coordinating and developing digital media communications across a variety of marketing channels
- Understanding of social media, blog management, and related best practices
- Experience managing content in a CMS
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite software, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite/Google Drive
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and take initiative, while keeping supervisor and project leads in the loop
- Demonstrated initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, and service-oriented attitude
- Strong commitment to teamwork and problem solving, as well as the ability to act independently
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage workload under time constraints and conflicting demands
- Ability to work well in a multicultural and collaborative environment
- Familiarity with academic/University-based communications, procedures, and processes
- Experience managing WordPress websites
- Experience using SproutSocial or another social media management tool
- Experience working with Adobe Spark
- Ability to take, edit, format, and organize photos
- Ability to capture short form video using an iPhone, iPad, or GoPro
- Ability to edit video using Adobe Premiere or Final Cut
NOTE: This is a five-year, term-limited position.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
Decision Making Process
Applications will be reviewed as received throughout the posting period and continue until the position is filled.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.