To assist surgical team during Ophthalmic operative procedures by preparing sterile equipment for the operation and passing instruments, sponges and sutures to the operating team. Assist with inventory, sterilization of instruments, prepare and select equipment for procedures, transfer of patients as needed, turnover of room and transfer of instruments to decontamination and putting equipment back in place. Setting up and operation of specific ophthalmic equipment. Other duties as assigned.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- Candidate must have graduated from an accredited program in Surgical Technology (or a program pending immediate accreditation).
- Highly motivated and organized. Good interpersonal/team skills and flexible.
- Job requires constant standing, twisting, pushing, lifting and possible transport of pts.
- Certification by AST
- Ophthalmic scrub experience
- Satisfactory attendance record proven by employment references
- 40 hrs
- Shift/Days: Days, variable start time
- Oncall coverage is an expectation for the ophthalmic pt for nights, weekends and holidays at KEC, Mott or UHOR.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.