To perform basic tests and procedures under the close supervision of medical and allied health staff. Participation and completion of our intern program for Ophthalmic Technicians.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
- Provide exceptional patient service.
- Perform basic lensometry, visual acuity, visual field tests, automated keratometry, tonometry, tear testing , color vision testing, administer eye drops under physician direction.
- Basic patient history
- Scribe for physician
- Calibrate, clean and maintain ophthalmic equipment and instruments
- Assist in reviewing schedules and schedule patient testing
- Communicate delays to patients
- Stock rooms with needed supplies.
- Order supplies for clinic operations.
- Perform as a float technician as needed.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Respectful and compassionate attitude
- Collaborative and collegial, demonstrates integrity
- High School graduation, some experience in ophthalmology or related field.
- Keyboarding skills
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Certification through JCAHPO at the COA level.
- Completion of ophthalmic assistant intern program.
- College degree
- Experience in field of ophthalmology.
- Monday- Friday ( possible Saturday)
- Dependent on Clinical hours
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.