How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Ticket Services Associate, under the direction of the Associate Director of Patron Services, assists in the coordination of operations for a multi-faceted ticket office. This hands-on position includes selling subscription and single tickets for approximately 150 live events in up to 9 different venues for several different arts organizations including UMS, U-M School of Music, Theatre and Dance and the Ann Arbor Summer Festival. Position includes co-management of ticket office student employees as well as UMS youth education ticketing.
- Co-manage ticket office student staff (15-20 part-time student staff), including training & development; provide a supportive environment for employees
- Serve as the point person for the student staff to assist with customer service questions, office policy questions and general office protocol
- Ensure the completion of daily office tasks such as responding to customer inquiries via general office voicemail and email, assigning office tasks and projects to part time Patron Services Assistants and student staff which also includes the follow through on completion of tasks
- Create weekly schedules for 20-28 ticket office staff, ensuring effective use of student employee hours and budget
(35%) Communication and Customer Service
- Serve as ticket office specialist for the UMS Education and Community Engagement programs; work directly with Youth Education Manager to develop and implement policies and procedures for youth performance and educator workshops, setup and maintenance of School Day performances and workshops in Tessitura system, fulfill ticket request orders, manage order invoicing and field customer service requests as needed
- Serve as ticket office concierge for the Ann Arbor Summer Festival; work directly with the Summer Festival to develop and implement policies and procedures for Summer Festival performances and occasional special events, setup and maintenance of Main Stage performances in TNEW and Tessitura system, fulfill ticket and comp request orders, set up promotions, and field customer service requests as needed
- Provide professional, timely and courteous email, telephone, and in-person customer service for UMS, U-M School of Music, Theatre & Dance, and Ann Arbor Summer Festival
- Process phone and mail orders on computerized ticketing system, including cash, check and credit card handling
- Assist the Assistant Ticket Services Manager with SMTD related setup and tasks and the Associate Director of Patron Services with UMS related setup and tasks in the Tessitura system.
(20%) Performance & Operations Support
- Staff performance hall ticket office for UMS, U-M School of Music, Theatre & Dance, and Ann Arbor Summer Festival events. Evenings and weekends required. Number of events per week varies based on performance schedule but averages 2-4 per week during September through April. There is limited weekend/evening work required in the summer during the A2SF
(10%) Other Projects as Assigned
- College degree or experience in relevant field
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in box office sales or ticket administration preferred
- Excellent computer skills including the Microsoft suite of products and customer relationship management systems - must be comfortable learning new software
- Experience with Tessitura software helpful
- Ability to troubleshoot software or customer service issues
- Outstanding communications/interpersonal skills
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and work independently
- Strong work ethic
- Enjoy working under pressure and working with the public
- Knowledge of and interest in the performing arts
- Evening and weekend work required
- Routinely moves equipment and boxes weighing up to 25 pounds for various events
- This position involves traveling to various locations on and off the U-M campus
- This position requires that the employee be accessible on a mobile cellular device
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.