University Advancement is looking for a student to fulfill the role of Clerk B. Duties for this position will include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports the reception desk (as needed)
- Duties including:
- answering the main telephones lines
- greeting and directing guests in friendly, courteous manner
- assisting mail and package carriers
- Duties including:
- Act as the first point of contact for University Advancement (Alumni Relations, Career Center, Development, Government Relations) and Outreach departments
- Sort and route incoming and outgoing mail, packages, etc.
- Scheduling for conference rooms
- Prepare conference rooms for set up/take down of meetings
- Maintain cleanliness of lobby/front desk, conference, kitchen and common areas
- Database research/data entry
- Office supply/kitchen organization and inventory
- Preparing coffee for guests and office use
- Perform filing tasks (paper and electronic)
- Assist with special events (may include occasional evening hours)
- Assist with taking reservations and maintaining a reservation list
- Assist with bulk mailing projects
- Run errands
- Provide general typing and correspondence as requested
- Other tasks as assigned
Student/clerk is expected to:
- Arrive on time and follow established office dress code
- Adhere to all safety regulations, confidentiality and social media policies
- Must be current UM-Flint student with work study funding for 2019-2020 academic year
- Must submit resume and available times to work
- Confirmation of work study funding
- Student should be available to work 10-15 hours a week depending on work load.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to initiate and work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to respond with a sense of urgency when required
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.