Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
This position is responsible for the provision of nutrition care, assessment, evaluation, training and monitoring to a patient population (spanning neonates to geriatrics) prior to and following hospital discharge and in ambulatory care areas. Additionally responsible for care plan development and modifications. Care coordination is conducted with prescribers and treatment regimens are established. Orders are entered into an internal software system to ensure accuracy and appropriate provision of all necessary formula, supplies, and equipment to administer therapy. Patients are screened for eligibility with selective payer groups to aid in identifying patient out of pocket expenses. Individuals in this role also triage and resolve problems as they arise with home enteral nutrition therapy. Work as a member of a multidisciplinary patient care team and in collaboration with other health system and home health care professionals. This position wioll float between the hospital and the HomeMed office., approximately 20hr/week at each site (subject to change based on business needs). This position may also provide dietitian coverag for the Michigan Medicine ALS xclinic weekly.
- A Bachelor's degree in Dietetics, Foods and Nutrition or related field
- Registration by the American Dietetic Association
- Demonstrated knowledge in feeding tube devices, formula classifications, and medical terminology
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability in interaction with other health professionals and patients in the provision of pharmaceutical service.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Functional visual acuity and hearing for accurate assessment and recording of patient observations and information in clinical records.
- Manual dexterity and physical endurance to perform required procedure activity proficiently and safely.
- The employee will be able to perform the assigned duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must comply with all UMHS Occupational Health requirements including annual Flu immunization.
Proficient in operating within the Windows environment with experience in use of the following software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access
A minimum of one year experience in home care activity with a demonstrated knowledge of regulations, standards, and guidelines applicable to the provision of nutrition care in the home
Full time. Days only with rotating shift between 7am & 7pm, potential weekend shift rotation, required participation in on call and holiday rotation
This position is split between UMHHC (Main & C&W) and the HomeMed office (located at 2850 S. Industrial Highway, Ann Arbor), with approximately half the work week spent at each site.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.