How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be PAGE 1 of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position.
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Please furnish professional references:
- Must be highly recommended by at least one professional associate (administrator, teacher, counselor).
Wolverine Pathways Teaching Assistant
This is a part-time temporary position. We require your full commitment to the program session dates for which you are applying.The University of Michigan Wolverine Pathways was established to increase the high school graduation rate, college acceptance, and retention rates of academically promising scholars. The Wolverine Pathways teachers assistants will provide exemplary service and expertise in their given subject area of E/LA or math to the communities of Ypsilanti, Southfield, and/or Detroit. They will
co-facilitate the program for highly motivated 7th - 12th grade scholars.
Teachers assistants co-teach pre-developed curriculum to highly motivated students during the seven week winter session.
E/LA, Science, or Math teachers assistants co-teach a pre-developed
curriculum to highly motivated students during the seven week summer
Mandatory Professional Development date/time below:
- Professional Development: Saturday, September 14, 2019
Fall session tentative dates/times below:
- October 12, 2019 8:30AM - 1:30PM Academic Day 1
- October 19, 2019 8:30AM - 1:30PM Academic Day 2
- October 26, 2019 8:30AM - 1:30PM Academic Day 3
- November 2, 2019 8:30AM - 1:30PM Academic Day 4
- November 9, 2019 8:30AM - 1:30PM Academic Day 5
- November 16, 2019 8:30AM - 1:30PM Academic Day 6
- November 23, 2019 8:30AM - 1:30PM Academic Day 7
- Classes of 25 or fewer.
- All scholars are application vetted honor roll students.
- Teaching sites located in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor, Southfield, and/or Detroit.
- Be a graduate level college student or have a degree in subject area or relevant subject area
- Be a math, science, ELA, or relevant major
- Have some experience tutoring or teaching
- Some experience with group facilitation
- Desire to be an advocate for the development of students
- Be highly recommended by at least 2 professional associates
- Must be able to attend pre-session training day and submit pre-session
- Training assignments and materials
- Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; displaying tact and courtesy; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; being attentive to detail; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; working as part of a team; and working with frequent interruptions
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.