How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Clinical Information Analyst Intermediate, gathers, analyzes and interprets data to contribute to clinical care, quality improvement, and research initiatives focused on pediatric diseases, diabetes and obesity. This position will mine and manipulate internal and external, clinical and administrative data from a variety of databases for the purpose of measuring processes and outcomes of care, and to support select research initiatives focused on diabetes and obesity. Analysts utilize data extraction and reporting tools (SQL and Tableau) to analyze information, summarize findings, recommendations and next steps.
- Conduct analysis and reporting of clinical and operational data
- Evaluate peformance, utilization, quality of care and patient safety measures against results from peer institutions
- Collaborate with physicians, administrators, senior analysts and others to produce metrics to assess and improve performance
- Validate data quality and reasonableness in reports and/or analyses of health services prior to distribution
- Design report formats and graphical representations of data intended for audiences ranging from senior leaders and clinicians to the general public
- Deliver written, graphical, and/or verbal presentations of data to internal staff, clinicians, UMHS leaders, and other constituencies
- Investigate information generated from projects and reports summarizing key findings and opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation of measurement methods and algorithms, data sources and reporting processes
- Work with database and business systems analysts to plan and implement the data management and analysis of products and programs, including definition of data requirements, data capture and storage, and analyses required to measure and evaluate performance
- Define and help create mechanisms to extract and reorganize data from existing systems for storage and reporting in departmental databases
- Participate in the development of communication related to the analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of health services data
- Work with team members and IT staff to communicate, identify and automate tools that deliver routine performance information
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and follow all appropriate data quality and security guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree (Quantitative Field like biostatistics, public health, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Informatics)
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in health care analysis.
- Ability to develop and maintain proficiency in the use of analytic and reporting tools such as SQL, SAS Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Ability to gain proficiency in MiChart (EPIC and Clarity) querying through training.
- Experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems.
- Master's degree (biostatistics, public health, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Informatics)
Monday - Friday (not to exceed 40 hours/week; day shift)
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.