How to Apply
In order to be considered for a UROP position, you must satisfy all the requirements listed above. Interested applicants can apply online at www.careers.umich.edu
*NOTE: You do NOT need to submit a resume*
The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) provides students an opportunity to work as research assistants on faculty-generated projects. UROP awards students stipends of up to $500 are available during the Summer, 2019 term. Students are paid bi-weekly at an hourly rate negotiated between them and the faculty project sponsor. If available, work-study funding and/or faculty supplemental funding (grants, department funding, etc) may also be used to fund UROP projects. Salaries range between $10.00-$15.00 per hour.
***READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING***
UROP placements will ONLY be given to UM-Flint undergraduate students who have successfully applied to a project via InfoReady (https://umflint.infoready4.com/#urop) before October 4, 2019 AND have been accepted as an assistant by a faculty project sponsor.
Additionally, qualified applicants are REQUIRED to do the following:
- Apply online to this job posting at http://careers.umich.edu/
- Obtain certification in the "Research Practice Foundations" module of PEERRS: www.umflint.edu/research/peerrs. (NOTE: Additional modules may be required, depending on the project).
- Complete the "Go Blue New Student Orientation"
- Complete the online background consent form
- Visit Human Resources in 213 UPAV to complete the I-9 and to present your identification
(After receiving the "Authorization to Work" email from Human Resources): Complete the Employment Validation Process, optional tax documentation, and set up your payment options)
- (Once placed on a project) Submit a progress report via InfoReady after each term of work.
UROP positions will only be offered to candidates who meet these requirements.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
This posting is for Fall UROP only. UROP stipends will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
The deadline for apply for projects in InfoReady is October 4, 2019. If selected, the deadline for submitting this application is submitting the application for this posting is November 1, 2019.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.