The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Provide nursing care in a variety of Ambulatory Care settings with primary focus in the Internal Medicine Clinics. Includes telephone/triage management, patient and family education, daily clinic operations management, assistance with procedures, functional supervision of assistive personnel and other responsibilities as requested. This position will require travel to Ambulatory Care Centers of Michigan Medicine
This position replaces 1 position from #174655.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level F.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
Salary range for Registered Nurses- $65,840.24 - $104,150.85
- Evening Shift Differential- $2.45 per hour
- Night Shift Differential- $3.30 per hour
- Weekend Differential- $1.75 per hour
The benefit package includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off Allowances
- Robust Tuition and Certification support programs
- Large offering of no cost CEs and professional development for advancement
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of MI (RN)
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience as a RN in the related area
NOTE: In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- BSN preferred
- Experience in Ambulatory Care Nursing
- Telephone management experience
- Ambulatory Care Certification
- Broad range of clinical experience
- Experience as a float nurse
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability
- Demonstrated positive attitude, team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer proficiency
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work independently
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to varying schedules and different work environments
- Demonstrated exemplary customer relations skills
Hours/Week: 40 hours per week
Shift/Hours: Day/Evening shift; Mon- Fri; 8-hour shifts; variable hours between 7 AM - 6 PM
Location: Ambulatory Care Nursing Resource Pool (ACNRP)
Primary focus: Internal Medicine Clinics
***This position involves travel to various locations within Ann Arbor and the surrounding communities including Howell, Brighton, Canton, Ypsilanti, Livonia, Saline, Dexter, Northville and Chelsea.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.