How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and curriculum vitae to:
Zhong Xu Liu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
4053 CASL Building
Department of Behavioral Sciences
College of Arts, Sciences & Letters
University of Michigan-Dearborn
The successful applicant for this position will help with collecting and analyzing behavioral and neural data, as well as training new research students, for a research project (i.e., Memory Precision in Normal and Pathological Aging”) currently conducted at the University of Michigan Dearborn, under the supervisor of Drs. Zhong Xu Liu, Brenda Whitehead, and Anda Botoseneanu. One person will be hired now, and another in October.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Help with stimulus preparation and task design.
- Help with finalizing research protocol.
- Recruit, book, and test young and older research participants.
- Help with backup, organize, and analyze behavioral, eye movement, and neural data for the research project.
- Communicate with participants during participant recruiting, booking, and testing.
- Communicate with investigators regularly to report project progress, and discuss potential issues/problems.
- Training new research students on EEG and eye-tracking (as well as other relevant) testing procedures.
- Excellent organizational, analytic, and communication skills.
- Received training on Research Methods in Experimental Psychology.
- Familiar with EEG (electroencephalography) and Eye tracking experiment and related equipment operation. (Experience with using the Biosemi EEG system and LiveTrack eye tracking system is a plus.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and SPSS (or Jamovi).
- Familiar with experiment software EventIDE.
- Completed, or almost completed (senior), a bachelor’s degree of psychology.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.