How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Architecture & Operations Management
The HITS Architecture & Operations Management (AOM) division designs, deploys, and supports application platforms, integration solutions, and computing devices. AOM is dedicated to advancing security, quality, and availability of services and data across Michigan Medicine. The team connects patients and business partners with relevant data for both clinical and business needs, while helping to ensure electronic medical records are accessible and secure. The team’s frontline staff deliver consistent telephone, online, and in-person customer service to support computers, printers, telecommunication, and mobile devices.
Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities. May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project. Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analyst/programmers. Employees in this classification typically analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action and have the authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities. Primary activities and decision-making authority are predominantly performed independently affecting business operations to a substantial degree.
This is a high impact role that provides daily operational and end-user support to UMHS for the Aspect ACD system. This role requires exceptional organization, communication and technical skills to support and enhance the ACD system.
Will work closely with other HITS team members, AT&T, Cisco, Aspect and end users to provide issue solutions, operational maintenance, and product enhancements for the ACD software. This role will perform ACD software system configuration, modification, call flow programming, be involved with application reporting and all other activities related to supporting and maintaining the application. Will participate in departmental on call rotation.
Consultation, Needs Assessment, Conceptualization, Design and Plan
- Consult with appropriate committees, executives, managers, and representatives, to provide an assessment of the customer requirement(s) or need(s). Identify multiple solutions to provide the service.
- Design and create the solution(s) or enhancement(s), evaluate alternatives, make recommendations to resolve the issue(s) or deliver service(s)/product(s). Investigate initial environmental concerns, equipment capacities, network services and infrastructure requirements.
- Prepares the design, specifications, plans, estimates and reports for Aspect initiatives, this may include bringing new sites on the system.
- Conducts advanced and complex engineering and related studies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations and presents reports.
- Participate in cross-training initiatives among peers and assist in identifying and developing future initiatives.
Programming, Implementation and Expertise
- Perform ACD programming for call center flows and routing. Programming will be for issue resolution and customer enhancements.
- Provide programming for bringing new call center sites online.
- Installation of programming changes into productions in a controlled structured manner.
- Conduct pilots and trials of new features and functionality or devices related directly to ACD system.
- Create a variety of written materials, as required, including: reports, plans, project scope documents, training documents, operations documents, and process and procedure documents.
- Provide professional and technical expertise on a day-today basis.
- Engage vendor and/or provide technical support to assist in the resolution of customer outages.
- Provide root cause analysis to support outage resolutions.
- Create and manage vendor trouble tickets, oversee problem troubleshooting, escalation, resolution and communications to users.
- Stay apprised of current system patches and upgrades applicable to environment.
- Coordinate testing and implantation of system modifications .
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 5-10 years’ experience combination of IT trouble shooting, systems design, analysis, and programming.
- Aspect or Cisco ACD experience an extreme plus
- Telephony knowledge/experience
- Knowledge and understanding of monitoring and troubleshooting tools and methodologies
- Proven technical experience with solid system administration skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude while working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels within the organization
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.