How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) at the University of Michigan, leads and supports university-wide initiatives focused on the recruitment of a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, while fostering an inclusive and equitable university community. Our office also engages surrounding communities in mission-focused, mutually beneficial partnerships. The ODEI includes the Center for Educational Outreach (CEO), Office of Academic Multicultural Affairs (OAMI) and Wolverine Pathways (WP).
- Design and develop strategic multimedia communications that visually and contextually communicate the organization’s and unit’s messages.
- Manage and perform website and social media activities, including gathering and researching information that enhances the value of the site/platforms.
- Schedule, coordinate and provide photographic services including portraits and event photography, and create and edit original video content to support the mission of ODEI and reporting units.
- Design, create, and present original concepts and designs for high-end print, digital and multimedia projects for campaigns, annual reports, newsletters, brochures, websites and signage.
- Schedule, coordinate, film and edit videos for internal and external use, including YouTube, social media content, digital content, and internal tutorial videos.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfortable interacting across multiple levels of management
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work both in groups and independently
- Proficient in Facebook and Twitter with understanding of best practices and how to maintain professional and engaging presence to represent the office.
- Proficient in YouTube with understanding of best practices and video optimization
- Strong understanding of composition, lighting in both photography and video, plus photo editing and file management
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite including, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, and Audition.
- Ability to schedule and manage social media content calendar
- Ability to create and execute social media strategies and campaigns that fulfill the department’s strategic goals
- Ability to write clear and concise messaging that reflects the department’s culture
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion conducts background screening on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.