How to Apply
Please submit CV and letter of interest for this position to: The University of Michigan, Dept. of Family Medicine, Philip Zazove, M.D., Chair, 300 North Ingalls Street, NI4C06, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5435
Conduct original research, teach Mixed Methods Research, and develop mixed methods research methodology and educational approaches.
A faculty position in mixed methods research methodology is available with the Michigan Mixed Methods Program (MMP) in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Michigan. The goal of the MMP is to lead and innovate in mixed methods research methodology, research and education applications. This position will involve working closely with MMP faculty and staff. The MMP has three aims: 1) to provide consultation to faculty who seek to use mixed methods research and evaluation; 2) to provide training in mixed methods research (MMR) through national and international MMR workshops; 3) to provide MMR and evaluation methodology consultations to scholars and researchers.
If the applicant is an M.D., D.O., patient care (whether inpatient, outpatient m or both settings) will be part of the position as with all research faculty, including teaching of medical students, house officers and research fellows
Responsibilities include: participating in ongoing MMR projects, working on MMR publications, assisting in the delivery of MMR workshops to national and international audiences, collaborating in the mentorship of scholars developing MMR projects, assisting in the national/international consulting service of the Program, and writing grant applications for extramural funding.
- Ph.D., M.D., D.O., or other terminal degree in social, health sciences or related field
- Experience in research methodology
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong qualitative skills
- Experience/training in mixed methods research
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities
- Record of successful funding acquistion,
- Record of publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals
- Record of invited presentations and/or abstract presentatons at national/international scientific meetings
- Evidence of competence in clinical, laboratory and/or didactic teaching
- If M.D., D.O., board certified or eligible in Family Medicine. Hold, or have the ability to obtain, the appropriate medical licenses in the State of Michigan. Evidence of clinical competence will be expected.
- Methodological training experience in mixed methods research
- Evidence of research productivity and experience with grants and applications
This position is posted as an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor. The rank of the selected candidate will depend on qualifications; including possible appointment to the research track.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.