Job SummaryThis front line Food Service Associate Supervisor Position is responsible for leading Food Service Workers who are assembling trays in the development of high quality, accurate meals. Their primary function is checking the accuracy, and routing the distribution of each tray produced in the UH/CVC Room Service program. These functions are critical to ensure successful quality outcomes and patient satisfaction with food service.
Responsibilities*In checking for accuracy, the Associate Supervisor will ensure that:
- All items listed on the tray ticket are present.
- All items are the correct version for the special diet of the patient (regular foods vs. those modified for sodium, carbohydrate, consistency or other restrictions) Mistakes with diets such as a dysphagia may be life threatening.
- The portion size for each item on the tray is appropriate for the special diet.
- Special precautions such as those required for a suicidal or bariatric surgery patient are adhered to in order to prevent harm.
- All trays are presented in accordance with presentation stardards, utilizing the proper service ware designed to be attractive and to maintain proper food temperatures.
- All trays are neat and clean.
In overseeing the routing of tray distribution, which is much more complex in a room service program, the Associate Supervisor will:
- Load completed meal trays into meal delivery carts according to delivery "zones".
- Enter tray ticket numbers into the CBORD Tray Monitor system as the meals are loaded into the carts.
- Start the timer for 10 minutes when the first tray is place in the cart.
- Once the time goes off, inform/call the cart transporter to deliver the cart to the appropriate floor.
- Monitor time to ensure that meal cart leaves the kitchen at the correct time.
- When the mal cart leaves the kitchen, another cart is put in the correct staging zone, and the cart tag and timer is placed on the meal cart.
- Ensure that the meal cart for each unit is staged in the same location to maintain continuity in workflow.
- Communicates with cart transporters and room service associates to ensure the meal cart is delivered to units in a timely manner.
The Associate Supervisor will also place frozen dessert items (ice cream, sherbet, Mighty Shakes, and/or popsicles) into the delivery cooler, and flip over the tray ticket to signal that the item needs to be retrieved during the delivery process. For both tray accuracy as well as routing, the Associate Supervisor will work with Food Service Workers in the tray assembly area to continually maintain proper standards of performance.
Required Qualifications*AA in Food Service Management, Dietetics, HRI, or equivalent experience. Reasonable knowledge of methods, procedures, equipment, safety, and food handling principles and practices used in the preparation and service of food. Good oral and written communication and organizational skills. A customer-focused attitude is a must. Must have completed and passed the ServSafe Certification in Foodservice Sanitation within the last three years, or within one year of hire.
Desired Qualifications*BA/BS in Food Service Management, Dietetics, HRI, or equivalent experience preferred.
At least one year of progressively responsible supervisory experience in a food service setting, some of which is with bargained for staff is preferred.