How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of four (4) (0.9 FTE), Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
Hours & shifts are identical for both hires.
(see below for work schedule detail)
This RN would be part of our Central Staffing Resource Department in the Pediatric Acute Care Cluster.
This cluster services the following units:
7 East: Pediatric Cancer Unit
11-West: Pediatric Michigan Congenital Heart Unit
12 East: Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit
12 West: Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit
The University of Michigan Health is a Magnet recognized hospital. We have recently been named #1 hospital in Michigan and #5 hospital in the nation by US News and World Report for 2018-19!
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Provide nursing care to a variety of patients, across a wide range of Pediatric Medical and Surgical Specialties ages infant to young adult.
Pediatric Medical and Surgical Specialties include: Hematology, Oncology, Cardiology, Thoracic Surgery, Trauma, Nephrology, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Rehabilitation, Pulmonary, Infectious Disease, Liver Transplant, Genetics, Otolaryngology, and Plastic Surgery.
Family centered care is provided through collaboration with health care team members.
This posting replaces 4 psoitions from #169915
Nursing Specific Info
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level F.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Two (2) or more years recent RN experience in the specialty of Pediatrics.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Broad range of Pediatric experience
- Experience as a float RN
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth.
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office and Groupwise
- Demonstrated flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team and team player skills
- Demonstrated positive verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references.
- Demonstrated positive attitude, accountability and dependability.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
Hours: 36 hours/week (0.9)
Shift: Nights - 12 hour shift, alternating weekends.
Location: Central Staffing Resource Department- Pediatric Acute Care Cluster
Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
Salary range for Registered Nurses- $65,840.24 - $104,150.85
- CSR RN's will receive an additional hourly differential of $2.50/hour and will not be required to work holidays.
- Evening Shift Differential- $2.45 per hour
- Night Shift Differential- $3.30 per hour
- Weekend Differential- $1.75 per hour
The RN benefit package includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off Allowances
- Robust tuition and certification support programs
- Large offering of no-cost CEs and professional development for advancement
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.