How to Apply
A cover letter (1 page) is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The College of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Pharmacy is seeking a qualified Statistician to assist with data analysis/research activity within the Luzum Lab. The overall goal of the Luzum Laboratory is to improve cardiovascular medication outcomes with precision medicine (https://pharmacy.umich.edu/luzum-lab). The Health Data Analyst will support our research team with health data collection, cleaning, analysis, and reporting.
- Prepare and submit data requests (e.g., from the Michigan Medicine Data Office for Clinical & Translational Research)
- Collect health data from electronic medical records or other resources
- Clean and code health data for statistical analysis
- Perform statistical analysis using SAS or similar statistical software (i.e., descriptive statistics and inferential statistics such as univariate tests and multivariable regression and survival analyses)
- Write statistical methods and results sections for manuscripts and presentations
- Prepare data tables and figures for manuscripts and presentations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
The candidate is expected to have previous experience in most of the job responsibilities listed above (whether on-the-job or in school), but may not have experience in all. The Principal Investigator will train the candidate as long as the candidate is motivated to learn and receptive to feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as biostatistics, statistics, epidemiology, mathematics, health informatics plus 1-2 years of experience
- OR: Bachelor’s degree in another field AND a Master’s degree in a related field (e.g., MPH, MS in epidemiology or clinical research). No experience is necessary if the applicant has a related master’s degree.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Salary is commensurate based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. We encourage all interested parties meeting requirements to apply.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.