How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV to this posting: ID 184293
The University of Michigan, College of Pharmacy has a full-time opening for a research fellow in the Sun Lab (https://pharmacy.umich.edu/sun-lab).
Among other projects, our lab is interested in drug discovery and drug structure optimization for tissue targeting. The goal of our projects is to enhance success rate of drug development in clinical trials by developing methods to optimize compounds for improving efficacy and tissue targeting in relevant disease (Various cancers, Myelofibrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ulcerative Colitis).
A postdoctoral fellow position in cancer biology related field is available for a highly motivated individual interested in cancer biology and evaluation of anticancer drugs especially in breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, and blood cancer. This position is within a multi-disciplinary and highly collaborative research group. The successful applicant should have a strong cancer biology but also show interest in cancer drug discovery.
The successful candidate will independently perform the following routine studies and research studies:
- Create hypotheses, design experiment, and perform cancer biology related experiment in biochemical assays, in cancer cell in vitro
- Evaluate compound for anticancer efficacy in animal cancer models in vivo
- Regular report of research progress in group meeting and active participation in discussion
- Work well independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team
- PhD (or equivalent degree) in biology, biochemistry, cancer biology, pharmacology, or other related fields
- Strong ability to perform cell biology and molecular biology experiment in vitro
- Strong ability to perform in vivo animal experiments in animal cancer models
- Solid mechanistic understanding to perform troubleshooting
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.