How to Apply
Submit application and attach cover letter, resume, and names/contact information of two persons who can provide a reference upon request (references can be from professors, advisors, colleagues, or supervisors).
We are seeking articulate and enthusiastic students in the College of Arts and Sciences who are passionate about the College and enjoy helping others. CAS Student Ambassadors will work with admitted and incoming new students to share insights about the College, invite to upcoming activities and events, answer questions, and create a lasting impression through meaningful conversations with admitted students through a variety of channels, including telephone, email, and social media.
CAS Student Ambassadors will create digital content about the College’s programs, student activities, and opportunities within and beyond the classroom. This content requires a relatable yet professional style while relaying UM-Flint students’ authentic experiences.
CAS Student Ambassadors will be expected to complete a paid training related to CAS programs and offerings.
- Current University of Michigan – Flint College of Arts and Sciences student
- Strong communication skills using a variety of media
- Ability to navigate social media platforms
- Demonstrated proficiency with graphic design software such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Ability to capture and edit video
- Positive outlook and attitude towards UM-Flint CAS
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative when working with a team or as an individual
- Basic knowledge of CAS departments and programs
- Basic knowledge of UM-Flint and UM brand standards and guidelines
- Receptive to feedback from supervisor
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.