The Kellogg Eye Center is committed to providing outstanding customer service through its guiding principles of Caring, Teamwork, Integrity and Innovation.
Provide customer service to patients and referring providers through the facilitation of various call center functions including phone triage, maintenance of clinic schedules and appointments and health record management. Responds to a high volume of telephone inquiries following Michigan Medicine and departmental procedures
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Demonstrate service excellence in answering all calls.
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide patients with information on necessary preparation or materials and documents needed for the appointment.
- Collect and update patient demographics, insurance and authorizations, referring and/or primary care physician information and other pertinent information.
- Initiate, route and follow-up on communications with clinicians regarding patient concerns using MiChart InBasket.
- Request and obtain accurate and timely health records from outside providers to support continuity of care.
- Prepare patient itineraries and assemble and mail patient information packets.
- Monitor Fax-Server.
- Monitor and manage Referral Work Queue.
- Image documents to the EMR.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years of experience
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Must be an active team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must possess strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Associate's degree
- Experience working in a complex health care setting, scheduling patient appointments.
- Basic medical terminology.
- Familiarity with MiChart.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.