The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
Drive the department’s strategic plan by organizing, directing, and initiating the supervisory staff within the Medical Center environment on a daily basis. Directs, coordinates, plans and manages the operational activities, administrative functions, customer relations, and personnel of the Environmental Services department. Leading and directing responsibility for establishing and maintaining aseptic environmental conditions for large areas within the Medical Center. Ensure that all infection control, OSHA and Joint Commission (Environment of Care) standards are met. Develop and maintain appropriate documentation for all regulatory compliance requirements.
Manage the ongoing performance evaluation of assigned staff. Analyze job requirements including staffing and equipment requirements. Respond constructively and professional to service requests from patients, staff and visitors. Initiating process and programs on inspecting equipment to ensure proper use and maintenance. Directly provide training of supervisors of wide range of subject matter so they can educate staff of the same wide range of subjects. Perform patient interviews to ensure that quality standards are maintained. Responsible for supervising 4+ managers and providing overall leadership for a team including 20+ supervisors and 500+ employees. Responsible for meeting the quality standards, customer satisfaction, cost containment program to remain within budget, and maintaining staffing levels within budget guidelines for areas supervised. Analyze/interpret complex data and make sound decisions based on data. Excellent motivational skills and demonstrates team building skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare or related field
- Combination of at least 10 years’ experience in a health care environment, hospitality at the Manager level or above at a large facility with at least 3 consecutive years in the past 5 years at the Associate Director or above at a large facility.
- Experience in a large, academic healthcare system with 500+ beds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise of unitizing work schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Demonstrated history of improving customer/patient satisfaction.
- Highly skilled with healthcare computer systems such as Epic, Cerner, and/or TeleTracking.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- At least one professional certification in Healthcare, Environmental Services, Hospitality, etc. or to have or obtain certification within the first year.
Ability to work irregular hours and work in a fast paced environment with established time constraints.
As part of the interview process, candidate will give a presentation to the interview panel. Department will provide the presentation topic in advance.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.