A position as a Research Laboratory Technician Associate is available in the Department of Pharmacology. This position is responsible for carrying out daily experiments with rodents under minimal direction, designing experiments in collaboration with the PI or supervisor, managing and analyzing data, and performing husbandry duties in a PI-managed animal facility, such as cage changes, animal identification, genotyping, and ordering cage supplies.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or biological sciences
- Must be proficient with computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GraphPad Prism
- Must be punctual, detail-oriented, organized, good at multi-tasking, and self-motivated
- Willing to work with laboratory rodents for a good portion of the work day
- Willing to commit to the position for at least one year?
- Experience with the use and care of laboratory animals
- Experience handling and injecting rodents
- Experience with calculations for solution preparation and dilutions
- Experience with experimental design
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.