The Kellogg Eye Center is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity. We believe in patient/family centered care.
Support operational functions in the KEC Pre-op/PACU/Triage. Provide assistance and support to clinical staff. Assist in the delivery of direct care in the KEC Pre-op/PACU under the supervision/delegation of a registered nurse. Responsible for clinical duties such as: rooming patients, taking vital signs, performing simple diagnostic tests (Point of Care Testing), collecting specimens, drawing blood, inserting IV’s, EKG, cleaning equipment, maintaining patient bays and stocking. Job may include administrative duties.
- Assist with patient admission
- Vital signs
- Blood draws
- Cleaning/stocking of patient bays
- Cleaning stretchers/commonly used patient items
- Assist with post op care: empty drains, assist with ambulation, dressing
- Clerical duties
- Answering phones
- Making post op appointments
- Chart assembly
- Patient labels/armbands
- Data entry- Centricity, ORMIS, MiChart
- Ordering supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from a certified Medical Assistant program which includes a clinical externship.
- Demonstrates excellent blood drawing skills.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal/customer service skills
- Is able to communication and work as a team in a positive manner
- Demonstrates compassion/caring with our patients and families.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Highly motivated and organized with a strong desire to learn.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Job requires constant standing, twisting, pushing, lifting and possible transport of pts
Supervision is received from the OR/PACU Nurse Manager/Supervisor/Charge Nurse/Nurse
Experience in an ophthalmic setting
40 hours week
Days- variable start time
Brehm/Kellogg Eye Center, Operating Rooms /Preop Clinic/ Preop/ PACU
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.