How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Value Collaborative (MVC), housed at the University of Michigan, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join the team in the role of Site Engagement Coordinator.
The MVC is a statewide consortium, aiming to improve the health of Michigan through systematic advancements in quality and cost-efficiency in Michigan hospitals. MVC provides hospital and physician organization (PO) leaders with claims-based healthcare utilization data to empower local quality improvement activities. In addition to leveraging claims data, MVC provides an infrastructure for collaboration and the sharing of best practices between its member hospitals and physician organizations.
As Site Engagement Coordinator, you will be responsible for developing relationships with MVC members. As part of this, particular emphasis will be placed on strengthening relationships with those physician organizations currently participating in MVC and exploring opportunities to engage those not currently involved. This will also involve liaising with MVC hospital members, developing novel ways to help physician organizations and hospital representatives to collaborate. This will include, but is not limited to, undertaking site visits to physician organizations and hospitals across Michigan, conducting in-depth interviews, and presenting on MVC related activity. As part of this, you will work closely with Site Engagement Manager and Engagement Associate.
This position is an excellent opportunity for you to make novel and impactful contributions to statewide quality improvement efforts. Ideal candidates must be innovative, effective communicators, and value interpersonal relationships. Work will be independent on many projects, but will also incorporate feedback from and collaboration with members in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must be detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills, and be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time.
- Together with the Site Engagement Manager and Engagement Associate, develop strong relationships with executive leaders at the 87 Michigan hospitals and 40 physician organizations currently participating in MVC
- Explore opportunities to engage those physician organizations not currently participating
- Work closely with physician organization and hospital members to facilitate collaboration and develop strong working relationships
- Develop current activity and implement new content to help engage physician organizations
- Conduct in-depth interviews with physician organization members, hospital leadership, clinicians, and other invested parties
- Organize and run virtual meetings with physician organization members, as well as hospital and clinical leaders
- Coordinate with the analytics team to develop and disseminate customizable physician organization reports
- Track, measure and analyze physician organization outreach efforts by MVC for measurement of quality or cost improvement
- Draft presentations and present on MVC related activity
- Increase and strengthen links with other Blue Cross programs, including the Physician Group Incentive Program (PGIP)
- Support the planning and delivery of all collaborative wide meetings
- Work closely with the rest of the MVC team to externally communicate upcoming MVC activity
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health services administration, business, or related field/discipline
- At least 5 years of work experience in a related setting
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Competent with/in internet video conferencing, Word Press, and other social media software
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Interest or experience in a healthcare field
- Ability to travel as needed within the state of Michigan
- Master’s degree in communications, business, public health, health services administration, or related field/discipline
- At least 7 years of work experience in a related setting
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.