How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This is a Front Office/Front Desk position providing patient-care support (scheduling, check-in, check-out) as well as clerical support services to patients, faculty, and staff in an ambulatory patient-care setting.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Who We Are
The Michigan Medicine Neuropsychology Clinic strives to provide high quality health care services to our patients. We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individual who will share in the goal of putting patients and families first. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service to our patients, families, staff, and faculty. This is a Front Office/Front Desk position providing patient-care support (scheduling, check-in, check-out) as well as clerical support services to patients, faculty, and staff in an ambulatory patient-care setting.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Scheduling & Re-scheduling of patients and rapidly backfilling cancelled or no-show slots.
- Coordinate scheduling with other specialty clinics (Geriatrics, Neurology) which may require last-minute modifications to the clinic schedule.
- Assure that registration is complete and transfer patient to a registrar as needed.
- Respond to patient inquiries regarding insurance coverage and direct to billing office as needed.
- Make patient reminder calls and track in MiChart
- Encourage patient MiChart portal enrollment and assist with this process as needed
- Check in and Check out of patients following standard protocols
- Process patient payment collections (cash, check, or credit card)
- Reconcile clinic cash and credit card transactions daily according to established protocol
- Paging of staff and faculty to notify them of arrived patients or to provide other communication as necessary.
- Screen patient calls and create detailed and accurate email messages for clinical staff.
- Remain present at front desk to respond to patient requests or other inquiries
- Monitor waiting room activity to assure a safe environment
- Review and participate in Michigan Medicine emergency response procedures
- Assist in managing MiChart referral work queue
- Process all incoming and internal referrals in MiChart and scan related documents.
- Check to make sure insurance is accepted and notify referring if otherwise.
- Sort and distribute mail as delivered within clinic
- Assist in maintaining adequate office supplies
- Manage paper patient charts and the processing of completed clinical reports
- Obtain paper patient charts from off-site storage as needed for patient care
- Photocopying as requested by faculty
- Complete annual paper chart purging (this may require some overtime hours)
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to two years of clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting
- Previous experience providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills
- Prior Michigan Medicine Experience
- Experience working with Epic/MiChart
- Adherence to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
- Experience managing a complex phone system
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position. Your schedule will be daytime, 7:30 – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Some Saturday work may be required in the future.
2101 Commonwealth Blvd., Suite-C
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
You will be doing some moderate standing and walking, filing of paper charts, and purging/boxing of charts annually.
Salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and education of selected candidate.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal EVerify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR EVerify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the EVerify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the EVerify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.