How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Receive and assist patients, visitors, and staff
- Monitor waiting area activity and assure a clean, organized, and safe environment
- Promote personal comfort and convenience of patients and families by routinely checking their needs
- Provide information regarding hospitals and community services as needed.
- Process and compile patient paperwork for exams and clinical staff
- Answer incoming phone calls and triage to appropriate location
- Accurately record any phone messages and assure they are forwarded appropriately
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments
- Utilize paging system to contact appropriate staff as required
- Prepare patient itineraries and all other appropriate correspondence
- Demonstrate ability to complete multiple tasks independently
- Identify and track reoccurring operational problems and participate in resolution
- Minimal patient scheduling
- Ability to follow Radiology Gold Standard Customer Service guidelines consistently
- Adhere to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, dependability, flexibility, and consistently sharing information and resources with others
- Ability to work independently in an ever-changing and potentially stressful environment and possess strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate initiative, ability to prioritize, and ability to accept direction
- Ability to utilize proper grammar
- Excellent attendance record
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in customer service setting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills
- Working knowledge of MiChart (Cadence, EpicCare, Radiant).
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare system
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
UH B2 B417
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.