- Provide tutorial assistance to students.
- Assist students with defining academic success and monitor progress. Meet punctually with students for all scheduled appointments, individually and in small groups for content area tutoring and study skills development.
- Encourage student participation in tutoring.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and participation.
- Refer students to other avenues of support.
- Participate in Tutorial Services orientation and meetings.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely fashion.
- APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENT STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-DEARBORN--Work Study recipients preferred.
- Applicants for this position should be able to tutor courses offered by the College of Business.
- Applicants must have completed course work in their subject area with a "B" or above.
- Applicants must have an instructor's recommendation to tutor each subject area. This document should be attached to this application.
- Tutors must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and be able to empathize with diversity.
- Tutors must be patient, flexible and able to adjust to various situations they encounter.
- Strong communication skills a must.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.