How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, Inclusion
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
The responsibilities of the Research Laboratory Technician include:
- Perform routine to moderately complex biological experiments related to the function and projects of the lab related to cellular biology and cancer. These include mouse breeding and genotyping procedures, tissue culture procedures, the immunofluorescent staining of tissues, cells culture, Western blotting, biochemical assays, and in vivo assays.
- Compilation and analysis of experimental data and reports.
- Maintain and organize the lab, including the ordering of lab supplies; coordinating the maintenance of reagent inventory, and the organization and maintenance of laboratory stocks and cell lines with senior lab personnel.
- Performs administrative duties related to the maintenance of the lab, including assisting in the revision and approval of IBC and IACUC protocols, reports, maintaining the lab in the accordance with safety programs such as OSEH, and in handling outgoing and incoming MTAs.
- Associate's degree and at least 1 year of documented wet lab research experience.
- Experience with Molecular Biology and Biochemical methods such as PCR, Western blotting and tissue culture.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office and Adobe suite software and adept at understanding scientific research.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills and excellent attendance.
- Bachelor's degree and experience with in vivo work.
Research lab located on Central Campus at the School of Dentistry, 1011 N University Ave, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1078.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.