The qualified candidate will be responsible for assisting in providing direct patient care for patients in the offsite clinic at Dominos Farms for General Dermatology.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Taking vitals, accurately updating medications and other information in the electronic medical record, prepping patient and physicians for procedures, and maintaining clinic flow.
- Ensuring appropriate infection control protocol is followed
- Properly managing equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready-for-use
- Problem-solve issues related to the retrieval of medical information
- Assists with complex procedures, requiring knowledge of varied equipment. Various tests and procedures. Perform complex specimen collections.
- Provides routine but complex instructions for patient procedures and treatments, as delegated by providers and nurses.
- Provide care for patients scheduled on MA schedule (e.g. suture removals).
- Maintain, order, and stock clinical supplies and medications.
- Provide cross coverage to all Dermatology clinics when needed.
- Perform other duties as described.
- Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality along with excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
- Effective time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Competency in computer programs, telephone etiquette, and other office procedures
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced clinic
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skill demonstrated by current position.
- Demonstrates ability in commitment and compliance to the UMHS policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well within a team setting.
At the Medical Assistant Level:
- 0-1 years of relevant experience.
At the Medical Assistant Associate level:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Medical Terminology strongly preferred
- Computer skills and familiarity with computer applications, including EPIC and Microsoft Office
- Experience working within a large complex healthcare setting.
Clinic hours are Monday-Friday with varying shifts from 7:30-6:00p.m. And possible evenings and Saturdays in the future.
This position may be filled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process maybegin as early as the eighth day after posting.This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.