How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, Inclusion
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
The responsibilities of the Research Laboratory Technician include:
- Perform complex biological experiments related to the lab's function and projects including cellular biology and cancer. The functions also include being a specialist in mouse breeding and genotyping procedures, tissue culture procedures, the immunofluorescent staining of tissues, cells culture, Western blotting, biochemical assays, and in vivo assays.
- Compilation and analysis of experimental data and reports.
- Initiate and manage duties to efficiently run the lab, including the ordering of lab supplies, maintenance of reagent inventory, and the organization and maintenance of laboratory stocks and cell lines.
- Performs administrative duties related to the maintenance of the lab, including assisting in the revision and approval of IBC and IACUC protocols, reports, maintaining the lab in the accordance with safety programs such as OSEH, and in handling outgoing and incoming MTAs.
- Conduct statistical analysis of data, interpret and discuss research with the PI, lab members and/or in lab meetings. Formulate research methods and suggest options for improving the quality of work, performs library research, and identify potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of demostrated proficiency in biomedical research.
- At least 1 year experience managing the workflow of the laboratory.
- Expeience in mouse colonies management or in vivo disease models.
- Experience with Molecular Biology and Biochemical methods such as PCR, Western blotting and tissue culture.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office and Adobe suite software and adept at understanding scientific research.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills and excellent attendance.
- Masters degree
Research laboratory located on Central Campus at the School of Dentistry, 1011 N University Ave, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1078.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. The lower classification would be Research Lab Tech Intermediate, with Associates's degree, at least 1 year of demonstrated proficiency in biomedical research and full-time salary range of $30,000 - $33,000.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.