The Northville Health Center is an Ambulatory Care facility comprised of clinical and diagnostic services, dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The 2-story facility is located at the corner of 7 Mile and Haggerty in Northville Township. We are seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
Provide check in and checkout support for the Northville Health Center. Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by facilitating business processes that result in the management of efficient patient flow in a fast paced environment. Provide a range of guest services, including way finding and information within the facility. Accompany patients as needed to the appropriate clinic suites or ancillary services. Additional responsibilities include: appointment, test, and order scheduling. Process all patient payments (co-pays and outstanding balances) including: confirmation of patient charges, collection of payments, balancing of receipts and the reconciliation of cash collections Navigate electronic medical record; maintain business work queues, and inbasket management. Verify and update patient information, obtain referrals and/or authorizations. Respond to inquiries concerning department programs, services and activities. Provide general information to staff and patients.
- High School diploma or equivalent is necessary.
- Clerical experience is necessary, preferably in a medical setting.
- Candidate must be an active team player with the ability to work independently; possess strong organization and prioritization skill; ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment, and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- The selected individual must also have excellent attendance.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, proficient computer and keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated actively listening and information technology skills.
- 2-3 years of experience
- 0-2 years of experience
- Experience within an ambulatory setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
Monday- Friday, evening hours and rotating Saturdays
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.