The Duncan Laboratory seeks a Lab Tech to assist with research projects focused on stem cell biology and ion channel physiology. The technician will prepare general reagents and media, perform routine molecular biology and immunocytochemistry experiments, and maintain mammalian cell cultures. Duties will include interfacing with the Center for Chemical Genomics, maintaining lab records, and preparing data for discussion during lab meetings.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- B.S. degree in biology, neuroscience, or related field
- One to three years experienced required.
- Experience with PC computer software including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working in a wet lab and with sterile mammalian cell culture.
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a collaborative environment and independently is essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain extensive and accurate records.
This is a full-time, term limited position for one year.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.