How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Director of Digital Integration will lead the transformation of the technology systems and processes that underpin Michigan Language Assessment, thereby enabling the delivery of a range of assessment-related educational products and services in multiple and innovative formats. They will research, brainstorm and propose the introduction of digital solutions and platforms, define scope, cost and benefits of digital initiatives, and be accountable for the overall implementation of the digital delivery strategy.
The Director of Digital Integration will manage the transition to scalable, quality assured, automated processes across the organization, using technical knowledge and experience to support the alignment of digital assessment solutions with the organization’s strategic goals. They will take responsibility for all aspects of the development, definition, planning, reporting and implementation of digital transformation projects, providing a single point of contact for those projects from original concept through final implementation. They will interface with all areas affected by the project, including end users, computer services, and client services.
The Director of Digital Integration will provide technical and analytical guidance to the CEO, Director of Operations, senior management team, project teams, and departments through monitoring new technologies and assessing their potential for new products or services, and identifying digital opportunities, digital best practices in the assessment industry, and risks for the business. This position will build productive partnerships with key stakeholders, including relevant departments in Cambridge Assessment and the University of Michigan, capitalizing on potential links, integration opportunities, and resources. They will follow industry best practice in delivery, compliance and cyber security.
As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Digital Integration will contribute to the development and delivery of our organization’s strategic objectives and business plan. They will oversee the implementation of new digital solutions, ensure the growth of revenues and productivity savings, and optimize the user experience for our customers.
- Manage the organization’s digital transformation, developing and implementing a digital strategy to take the organization from traditional paper-based delivery of high stakes assessments to offering mixed-delivery products and services that meet the needs and expectations of present and future customers and stakeholders.
- Evaluate and design digital solutions for improving processes that will support the achievement of business strategy, ensuring the business operations are supported by robust, integrated, secure backend systems and create technology roadmaps that align organizational strategy with emerging technology solutions. Present solutions to meet business needs, taking into consideration the costs and potential benefits of new approaches. Lead the implementation of a clear roadmap for customers and stakeholders, ensuring their needs are met, including in the area of technical support.
- Assume responsibility for the planning, design, implementation and satisfactory completion of digital transformation projects to deliver the digital strategy, using the most appropriate delivery methodology (agile or waterfall, for example). Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of digital projects, manage the change control requests and quality assurance protocols, ensure project updates are provided to stakeholders on a regular basis and that project deliverables are completed within agreed timescales and budgets. Manage the integration of vendor tasks, track and review vendor deliverables, make recommendations and take action to direct the analysis of problems and find solutions.
- Build productive partnerships with key stakeholders, including relevant departments and teams in Cambridge Assessment and the University of Michigan, and third party stakeholders and vendors, to enable the delivery of the digital strategy. Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders, providing informed feedback to assess and promote understanding and cooperation, including the transfer of information and intelligence.
- Implement and adhere to strict guidelines to ensure compliance with a high level of security through the digital transformation, and in all areas of business thereafter.
- Monitor new technologies, and assesses their potential for new products or services. Identify digital opportunities and risks for the business, and educate the organization on digital best practices in the industry.
- As a member of the senior management team, contribute to the long-term strategic business plan, including budgeting and resource management. Maintain the business case for funding the digital transformation, and confirm its ongoing business viability. Promote the change program vision to staff at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent years of experience managing enterprise IT functions.
- Proven ability to drive transformational change in a small to mid-sized organization.
- Program management and change management.
- High commercial acumen.
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Strong technical skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a digital transformation/IT environment.
- Experience with project management policies and directing project teams.
- Experience managing staff.
- Budget Management.
- Experience managing complex business change projects involving 3rd party vendors.
- Cyber security risk management.
- UX experience.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Prince2 or PMP project management qualification, and/or Agile project management qualification.
- Knowledge of educational technology.
- Understanding of assessment.
- Ability to influence executive teams.
- Background in education or assessment.
- Experience in developing products across multiple technologies.
- Experience with AI technologies.
For Additional Information: Please visit our website at https://michiganassessment.org/
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.