The position will support the Pediatric Multispecialty Call Center under the University of Michigan Medical Group.
Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by meeting the highest of standards of customer service.
- Scheduling: Use the MiChart electronic medical record system to schedule/re-schedule appointments. Determine appropriate clinic for the appointment based on symptoms described and urgency of the appointment request. Maintain and update appointment schedules based on the availability of providers and other clinical staff
- Patient Records: Determine existence of previous registration and obtain, verify and update insurance, financial, statistical and demographic information with the patient
- Facilitation: Proactively serve as a liaison between patients and clinical staff to ensure adequate response and customer/patient satisfaction. Collect accurate and complete data for documentation of all customer interactions, routing the information as appropriate. Provide information, service and support to referring physicians, patients and families, Michigan Medicine staff and faculty, and other healthcare professionals
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families. Coordinate business and administrative functions
- Education and Training: Maintain current competencies and mandatory training. Attends mandatory clinic and hospital training programs. Actively participates in clinic and/or staff meetings
- Leadership: Serve as a positive role model and an integral member of the call center team. Communicate effectively and positively with the entire health care team. Proactively problem solving on behalf of the customers and takes the initiative to identify, facilitate, and follow through on problems and solutions. Make business decisions by considering the impacts of decisions/changes beyond the immediate work group.
- High School diploma or equivalent is necessary
- Clerical experience is necessary, preferably in a medical setting
- Ability to present a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff by adhering to a high standard of personal and professional conduct. Proven track record of customer service excellence, interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to interact with a diverse population
- Must be able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team and handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment under direction of team lead. Ability to work under pressure and maintain positive demeanor and composure
- Proven ability to accurately receive and relay information over the telephone and through written documentation. Sound decision making within the prescribed authority and job duties
- Excellent attendance record
- The candidate will demonstrate a track record of engaging in quality improvement initiatives within own area of responsibility. Ability to problem solve for customers by taking the initiative to investigate and facilitate a solution
- Demonstrate flexibility in all aspects of work assignments in order to respond to the needs of the divisions they are assigned to.
- Previous MiChart experience
- Previous call center experience
- Experience in a health care environment
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.