How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Value Collaborative (MVC), housed at the University of Michigan, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join the team in the role of Communications Specialist.
The MVC is a statewide consortium, aiming to improve the health of Michigan through systematic advancements in quality and cost-efficiency in Michigan hospitals. MVC provides hospital and physician organization (PO) leaders with claims-based healthcare utilization data to empower local quality improvement activities. In addition to leveraging claims data, MVC provides an infrastructure for collaboration and the sharing of best practices between its member hospitals and physician organizations.
As Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive communications strategy for MVC, strengthening relationships with key stakeholders to help promote activity, and managing MVC’s online presence. In doing so, you will work to increase the visibility of MVC and our offering, highlighting ongoing activity for members to take advantage of. This will involve close collaboration with the rest of the MVC team to manage and develop content for the MVC website and social media channels, and to design infographics, brochures, fact sheets, event signage, and invitations.
This position is an excellent opportunity for you to make novel and impactful contributions to statewide hospital quality improvement efforts. Ideal candidates must be innovative, effective communicators, and value interpersonal relationships. Work will be independent on many projects, but will also incorporate feedback from and collaboration with members in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must be detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills, and be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy for MVC
- Identify and develop relationships with hospitals, physician organizations, community partners and agencies to promote MVC activity and events
- Develop, implement and uphold a consistent approach to MVC branding across all internal and external outputs
- Conduct frequent interviews with collaborative members to be used for newsletters, website updates, and progress reports
- Create shareable content on MVC and hospital best practices
- Manage and develop new content for the MVC website and social media channels
- Design infographics, brochures, fact sheets, event signage, and invitations
- Draft presentations and present on MVC related activity
- Research, design and develop a new hosting platform for the MVC website
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communication activities
- Support the planning and delivery of all collaborative wide meetings
- Work closely with the rest of the MVC team to externally communicate upcoming MVC activity
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, public health, health services administration, or related field/discipline
- At least five years of work experience in a related setting
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media channels
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience using graphic design/infographic software
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Interest or experience in a healthcare field
- Ability to travel as needed within the state of Michigan
- Master’s degree in marketing, communications, business, public health, health services administration, or related field/discipline
- More than five years of work experience in a related setting
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.