How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are actively seeking highly qualified candidates who will provide compassionate and exceptional customer service. Candidates should be enthusiastic and patient-oriented individuals who are interested in creating the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
MA duties included but are not limited to the following:
- Taking vitals, accurately updating medications and other information in the electronic medical record, prepping patient and physicians for procedures, and maintaining clinic flow.
- Ensuring appropriate infection control protocol is followed
- Properly managing equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready-for-use
- Problem-solve issues related to the retrieval of medical information
- Assists with complex procedures, requiring knowledge of varied equipment. Various tests and procedures. Perform complex specimen collections.
- Provides routine but complex instructions for patient procedures and treatments, as delegated by providers and nurses.
- Provide care for patients scheduled on MA schedule (e.g. suture removals).
- Maintain, order, and stock clinical supplies and medications.
- Confirm and provide necessary follow up on patients in iPledge.
- Assist with lab monitoring tasks in Avitracks and MiChart.
- Provide coverage for prior authorization work when needed.
- Provide cross coverage to all Dermatology clinics when needed.
- Perform other duties as described.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality along with excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
- Effective time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Competency in computer programs, telephone etiquette, and other office procedures
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced clinic
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skill demonstrated by current position.
- Demonstrates ability in commitment and compliance to the UMHS policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well within a team setting.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Department of Dermatology – Taubman Center
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.