Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Provide skilled home care nursing services during intermittent visits to multiple patients on a daily basis.
Assess physical, psychosocial and environmental needs of patients and families in accordance with agency, state and federal regulations.
Coordinate care for assigned caseload of patients and families as a member of a multi-disciplinary home health team.
Document appropriately via Point of Care computer documentation.
This posting replaces #189299
Nursing Specific Info
Under Michigan Law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of employment or transfer for this position.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
Salary range for Registered Nurses- $67,815.44 - $107,275.37
- Evening Shift Differential- $2.55 per hour
- Night Shift Differential- $3.40 per hour
- Weekend Differential- $1.75 per hour
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan
- 2 or more years of Home care or Intensive Care Unit (ICU) experience in the last 5 years
- Direct experience with wound care, ostomy care, cardiac rehabilitation, diabetes, COPD, IV infusion with all vascular access devices, medication management, and oxygen therapies
- Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced environment as demonstrated by interview, professional references and performance evaluations
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem solving and triage skills
- In-depth experience in patient education (i.e. self-care, disease management state)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills, Microsoft Word, e-mail, and smart phones
- Ability to travel from point A to point B throughout the workday as assigned
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position
- Experience with EPIC Home Health
- Certification in home care related specialty; ie. OASIS, Case Management, Wound Care, Ostomy, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Diabetes, COPD
- Experience with developing patient education materials
Appointment: 40 Hours
Shift:: Day shift, with rotating weekends and evenings.
Location: Michigan Visiting Nurses
Note: All new employees will be expected to float to a designated unit(s) in times of low census.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.