How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide responsible administrative support for the Quality Department’s Clinical Quality (CQ) division https://quality.i.medicine.umich.edu/divisions/clinical-quality, including general administrative support for the Medical Director, Administrative Director and members of the team.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
60% Scheduling and Calendar Support:
- Schedule CQ committee meetings, including meeting notices/reminders, and distribution of materials
- Prepare and send agendas 24 hours in advance of meetings
- Maintain calendars of multiple CQ staff
- Schedule meetings and conference calls in a timely manner
30% Additional Administrative Support
- Plan itineraries and support site visits, special events and external visits
- Maintain requests and order supplies
- Cross-train and provide backup coverage for administrative team peers in CQ, as needed
- Propose and trial improvements to office processes; create and update office standard work
- Serve as a CONCUR division delegate for staff and faculty. Apply understanding and ability in identifying costs or charges to move to appropriate chart-fields when necessary.
10 % Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years of experience
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve operational issues in a logical manner.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service ethic.
- Ability to compose and produce professional correspondence, and to communicate effectively and professionally via phone and e-mail with faculty and staff within UMHS and with key contacts and stakeholders outside of Michigan Medicine
- Ability to manage complex schedules and calendars, maximizing efficient use of time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration or related field.•
- Familiarity with organization structure of Michigan Medicine.
- Familiarity with remote meeting platforms (Zoom, bluejeans, WebEx) and related tools.
- Two or more years of administrative support experience in a busy office environment.
- Knowledge of University Policies and Procedures.
- Experience processing business transactions using Concur and M-Pathways.
- Experience updating websites (Confluence), posting materials to M-Box, working with the Canvas learning management platform, using scheduling aids (e.g., Doodle polls, Evite), and creating Qualtrics surveys.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement / Lean Thinking principles and methods.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.