Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Our Adult Specialty Medical Assistants are essential for the care of our patients. We are searching for someone who has a passion for caring for others. In this role you will perform patient intakes, patient preparation for procedures, and medication administration. You will also take vital signs, review and update patient information, administer injections, perform EKGs, collect specimens, sterilize and clean equipment, stock supplies, and set up instruments and supplies in exam and treatment rooms.
Below is a list of the departments within the Adult Specialty Suite. While there will be main areas you will support on a daily basis, you may be asked to help support any of the other departments if needed.
- General Surgery
- Infectious Disease
- MEND (Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Diabetes)
- MIS (Minimally Invasive Surgery)
- Sleep Clinic
- Vascular Surgery
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
At the MA Associate level:
- 1 - 3 years of experience
At the MA level:
- 0-1 years of experience.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This position may be filled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
You will be trained on site by one of our tenured Medical Assistants.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.