How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration of this position and is to be attached as the first page of your resume. Please address, in your cover letter, your specific interest in this position, and outline the skills and experience you have that directly relate to this position.
The Business Systems Analyst Intermediate position serves as a subject matter expert on Epic Cadence template build and other patient access software functionality and related workflows. This position partners with ACUs and Department/Divisions to develop workflows within the software, implement functionality, and provide template maintenance support of the applications to optimize the patient and staff experience, and improve staff efficiency.
The Cadence Business Team is seeking a Business Systems Analyst Intermediate to support patient scheduling (Cadence) Michigan Medicine by analyzing, recommending, and implementing changes to scheduling templates; training clinic staff how to edit templates and submit template change requests; and supporting other Cadence functionality, workflow, and projects as needed.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Performs workflow analysis of department and customer scheduling needs.
- Works collaboratively with customers to define scheduling requirements for specific clinics.
- Uses MiChart reports to make data-based recommendations on how to build scheduling templates to maximize utilization and patient access while meeting clinic-specific needs.
- Documents and translates requirements into proper system specifications.
- Analyzes requests to identify and recommend best use of Cadence functionality.
- Reviews, analyses and completes schedule change request in a timely manner.
- Trains clinic staff on template editor functions.
- Educates clinic staff on how to interpret and act on MiChart reports related to template build, utilization, and patient access.
- Ensures design and build is integrated with other applications and processes to support design decisions and facilitation of scheduling workflows.
- Documents and communicates policy and workflow changes to customers.
- Analyzes system enhancements and functionality changes to determine proper use.
- Recommends system enhancements that improve business efficiency.
- Acts as liaison between clinics and MiChart teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Epic Cadence proficiency is a requirement for this position. Training will be provided for a period of 12 weeks should a successful candidate not already be proficient. Failure to obtain this required training though will result in termination from the University.
Bachelor Degree in Business or Health Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
Demonstrated ability to facilitate team work necessary to leverage day to day operations.
Excellent analytical, interpersonal, professional and communication skills.
Must exhibit confidence in the facilitation of meetings, and conflict resolution.
Must demonstrate excellent written, verbal, active listening and information technology skills.
Knowledge of the Michigan Medicine policies and procedures. Knowledge in patient scheduling, registration, consult/order workflows and MiChart reports.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.